1. what is crown and bridge repair
Crown and bridge restoration has a history of nearly 50 years and is a stable cosmetic dental restoration technique. China dental outsourcing found that the main feature of crown and bridge restoration is strong fracture resistance, which can realistically imitate the color of natural teeth, its permeability and appearance are very similar to natural teeth, and the restored tooth surface is smooth, wear-resistant, and does not deform, Long-lasting color, crown and bridge repair is an ideal method for tooth defect, dentition loss and cosmetic dentistry.
2. Crown and bridge repair
2.1How to fix
Crown and bridge repair requires the removal of more dental tissue, and if necessary, the pulp needs to be deactivated. Direct restoration of the living pulp tooth may affect the vitality of the pulp (pulp congestion or pulpitis). If unbearable pain occurs after repair, the crown and bridge need to be removed, and the root canal treated and repaired again. If a dead pulp tooth with a filling body may fall off or tooth tissue collapse during tooth preparation, it is checked that if the root can be used, pile crown repair can be performed on the basis after the heart; if the root condition is poor, the tooth needs to be removed.
2.2Repair effect of crown and bridge
Related to the patient’s oral conditions, such as shorter crowns, shorter or thinner roots, loose teeth, etc., can reduce the repair effect.
2.3Materials for crown and bridge restoration
The materials are metal, metal porcelain, and full porcelain.
- Metal crown and bridge: It has the highest strength and can withstand high chewing power. The amount of tooth wear is relatively small, but there are problems such as color mismatch with natural teeth, and some patients may be allergic to specific metal components.
- Metal porcelain crown and bridge: The color is close to natural teeth, but there are still differences, and gum discoloration may occur; porcelain has high brittleness and cannot withstand high chewing power.
- All-porcelain crown and bridge: The color is closer to natural teeth, but its strength is slightly lower than the previous two restorations, and more dental tissue needs to be worn out, which can easily affect the vitality of the pulp, and it is easy to produce acute symptoms for a certain period after repair. Porcelain veneers can significantly improve tooth color, but color transmission may occur due to thin porcelain veneers. Cracks and porcelain breakage may occur when biting complex objects and biting too tight. After repair, it may be slightly protruding than the original tooth, and the tooth is sensitive for some time after restoration. It should be reviewed periodically.
3. Precautions for crown and bridge repair
- After repair, the metal or all-porcelain crown and bridge are slightly thicker than the original natural teeth and may protrude slightly from the adjacent teeth. There is a slight discomfort at the beginning of wearing.
- oral hygiene should be carefully maintained after wearing the crown and bridge. The gingival ends of the bridge body and connecting body may need to use dental floss or a special toothbrush; otherwise, inflammation of the tissues around the crown and bridge may occur.
- The fixing bridge can restore the chewing function of missing teeth well, but if the load is too heavy, it will cause the abutment to loosen and eventually lead to extraction. Except, you should not chew foods that are too hard. There are many kinds of pile core materials. Regardless of the material, there is a risk of tooth root fracture, loosening, or breaking. It should be used carefully and treated symptomatically if an accident occurs.
4. Periodontal maintenance
After crown and bridge repair, it is also necessary to carry out proper maintenance for periodontal maintenance. Otherwise, periodontal disease can occur without attention to hygiene and care. Attention to periodontal maintenance can significantly shorten the treatment cycle and improve the effect of repair technology, which helps the patient recover and reduces the burden on the patient.
Suppose you change teeth after the periodontal disease is loose. In that case, the chewing function is good, the patient feels comfortable, oral hygiene is easy to maintain, and the loose abutment teeth are stable. The difficulty in repairing porcelain bridges in periodontal patients is that the periodontal condition of the base teeth is poor, and it is difficult to improve the gingival margin to form an excellent biological relationship with periodontal tissue. The periodontal membrane support area of the affected tooth is limited, especially the free loose patient teeth are more prominent.
Dentistry is an essential department of the hospital. With the improvement of people’s living standards, there has been a significant improvement in diet. People have fewer and fewer opportunities to eat coarse grains, making people more and more likely to develop dental diseases.
People’s health awareness is increasing; they are paying more attention to the health of their gums and the aesthetics of their teeth. Porcelain crowns and bridges are an effective way to treat dental diseases and can be used as a reference for dental treatment.