The professional name of removable dentures is removable dentures, including removable partial dentures and complete dentures. Removable denture chinese is the use of existing teeth plus the retainer and base of the denture to retain.
Removable partial dentures are one of the most commonly used methods to repair missing teeth. They have the advantages of a wide range of indications, less teeth grinding and low cost.
Who is it for
- Various dentition defects and missing dentition
- Tooth loss accompanied by alveolar bone, jaw or soft tissue defect
- Those who need transitional dentures and space keepers
Precautions for initial use
- After eating every day, the dentures should be taken out and rinsed with water to avoid affecting the health of the oral mucosa.
- When going to bed at night, take out the dentures and wash them with a toothbrush and soak them in cold water to keep the dentures clean.
- Cleaning should be done with a soft-bristled toothbrush and cotton towel under clean water. You can also use a special denture cleaning tablet/liquid and 75% medical alcohol for cleaning and soaking. However, it should be rinsed with running water after use to remove the residual liquid. Chemicals should not be used for treatment.
2. Wear time
- Removable denture Chinese should generally be worn every day. If it is not used for several days or longer, the denture may not be able to be inserted.
- Under normal circumstances, it needs to be replaced or revised every 5 years. After using removable dentures, go to the hospital for review every year. If the dentures do not fit with the oral tissues, or the dentures are severely worn, the patient may not be able to perceive them, but they still need to be replaced or modified.
3. Frequently asked questions about removable dentures
- Pain is the most common problem: including abutment pain and soft tissue pain.
- Poor retention and stability, mainly manifested as: ① bouncing, ② warping, swinging, up and down movement, ③ the abutment does not fit closely with the tissue, and the edges are not well sealed; ④ the abutment crown is small or tapered to cause retention Poor shape; ⑤ Improper arrangement of artificial teeth, warping during occlusion; ⑥ Too long base edge, affecting soft tissue activity.
- Difficulty in removing and wearing: The clasp is too tight, the base is close to the tooth surface, the cushioning of the base in the undercut area is not enough, and the patient does not master the direction and method of denture removal, which can cause difficulty in removal and wearing.
- Food impaction: There is impaction and retained food between the denture and the tissue, the original base does not fit closely with the tissue, the snap ring does not fit the abutment, and there is a gap between the base and the natural teeth, which can cause food impaction.
- Indistinct pronunciation: After wearing dentures, the oral space is reduced, the tongue movement is limited, and there is temporary discomfort, which often causes dysphonia. You can get used to it after a period of training.
- Buccal bite and tongue mucosa: The upper and lower posterior teeth are too small to cause buccal bite, the mandibular posterior teeth are arranged on the lingual side or the occlusal plane is too low to cause tongue bite.
- Nausea and increased saliva: When wearing maxillary removable dentures, nausea is caused due to excessive extension and thickness of the posterior edge of the base, or the posterior edge of the base does not fit the mucosa, and there is saliva stimulation between the two. Saliva is mostly caused by not being used to it.
- Aesthetic problems: There may be aesthetic problems due to factors such as snap rings.
Correct use and maintenance of removable partial dentures
- When wearing the removable denture Chinese, it is necessary to place the correct position, lightly press the artificial tooth surface with your fingers, gently place it in place, and do not use the teeth to bite in place, so as to avoid deformation of the clasp or damage to the denture. When removing dentures, use your fingernails to push and pull the clasp to the he side, in the opposite direction of being in place. Patients who are not proficient in removing and putting on dentures can practice at home, but doctors must teach patients how to remove and put on their dentures, otherwise the patient may not be able to remove or put on the dentures after returning home.
- It is very important to maintain good oral hygiene after wearing dentures. You should brush your teeth after meals and before going to bed. You cannot wear dentures to brush your teeth. You should remove your dentures and brush your real teeth and dentures. Dentures can be gently brushed with a soft-bristled toothbrush dipped in toothpaste. Too hard bristles and brushing too hard can wear down the dentures. If there are stains on the surface of the denture that are not easy to brush off, you can use the denture cleaning sheet to soak it before brushing. Do not soak dentures in hot water, alcohol, or other abrasive cleaners. Dentures should be stored in cold water when not wearing dentures.
- After wearing Acrylic Denture for the first time, there will be a foreign body sensation, nausea, slurred pronunciation, inconvenience in chewing and other problems. It needs patient practice and habit, and it can be improved in 1 to 2 weeks.
- It is recommended to eat softer food first, and use the front teeth as little as possible to bite large pieces of food, and gradually increase the hardness of the food according to the situation. After wearing dentures, the burden on the abutment teeth and alveolar ridge supporting the denture increases and should be gradually adapted, otherwise the pain of the abutment teeth and alveolar ridge will easily occur.
- If there are problems such as feeling discomfort, or the denture is damaged, you should go to China dental lab LOYAL BEAUTY for inspection, adjustment or repair in time. Patients should not modify their dentures themselves. If you do not wear dentures for a long time, due to changes in the position of the remaining teeth, it may be difficult or even impossible to wear dentures.
- Regular review every six months to one year, timely discover and deal with possible problems of remaining teeth and dentures, and maintain the health of remaining teeth and the normal use of removable denture Chinese.