Ⅰ. what is dental design
Dental Implant is the use of surgical operations to implant implants made of artificial materials (titanium alloy, pure titanium, etc.) into the alveolar bone so that the Implant and the alveolar bone form firm osseointegration. Connect implants and crowns by means of retention and other methods. So dental Implant is akin to “replanting a tree” rather than “sowing a seed” and waiting for it to grow.
Dental Implant under dental design has become one of the most popular choices for dental restoration. When you decide to have dental implants, do you consider the indications and contraindications for dental implants? The indications for dental implants are extensive, but the contraindications of dental implants cannot be ignored. What are the indications and contraindications for dental implants?
Ⅱ. What are the main indications for Dental Implant Surgery
1. Adults over 18 with fully developed bones and teeth.
2. Those who do not have significant diseases in the body’s vital organs and who do not have osteoporosis.
3. People who have only one tooth or more teeth left in the mouth or have no teeth.
4. People with severe gum bone resorption, difficult to wear traditional dentures, inconvenient to use, or those who feel that traditional dentures are not aesthetically pleasing.
Ⅲ. What preparations should be done before dental Implant
1. Periodontal examination: The dentist will give you a comprehensive periodontal examination. If you have periodontal disease, it will help you with the treatment before proceeding with the following steps.
2. Bone evaluation: Before dental implantation, dental design doctor will give you guidance for bone regrowth, or bone remodeling and growth, bone regeneration, so that the condition of the gum bone is sufficient for dental implantation.
3. Full-mouth CT: Before implantation, the doctor of dental design will help you evaluate the stereoscopic bone position according to the full-mouth CT, which can help the dentist accurately understand the condition of your oral cavity.
4. Making the surgical template: The doctor makes the surgical positioning template well so that the implant position of the gum bone can be positioned in a better direction and avoid unexpected variables during the operation.
5. Osseointegration detection and occlusal adjustment: After the Implant is planted, the dentist will use its new instrument for osseointegration detection to determine the bone growth density and speed. Bite design.
6. Periodontal maintenance: After dental implantation, the doctor of dental design will clean and maintain your teeth. Because the implanted teeth are still like the original teeth, they will suffer from periodontal disease. And will guide you to carry out correct and timely oral maintenance in the future.
Ⅳ. Precautions after dental Implant
1. Oral hygiene after dental implantation cannot be ignored: good oral hygiene is an essential condition to ensure the success of dental implants. If bacteria grow recklessly near the junction of the abutment (the neck of the Implant) and the ivory carving, if it is not removed in time, it will cause inflammation of the tissue around the Implant. Over time, it will lead to the progressive resorption of the alveolar bone, which will eventually lead to the failure of the Implant. Loose teeth fall out.
2. Regular review after implantation, do not slack off: It is generally required to go to the hospital for regular review at 1, 3, 6 months, and 1 year after the restoration of the Implant is completed, and once a year thereafter. Mainly through clinical and X-ray examination to see the use of dental implants and medical staff to carry out necessary maintenance and maintenance of dental implants.
3. Self-care and enhanced care after dental implants: The most important thing is to insist on cleaning twice every morning and evening. Pay attention to the neck and its “neighbors” between the root and the restoration crown.
Ⅴ. What material is a dental Implant made of
Dental Implant is mainly divided into three parts: Implant, abutment, and crown.
The crown of a dental implant is the tooth we implant, and it has the following three materials:
- Metal crown: The cost of metal crowns is low, but the color is different from natural teeth, and it has a certain impact on MRI. It should be used with caution if the requirements for aesthetics are too high and those who are allergic to metals.
- Porcelain crown: Porcelain crown is made of metal to make the inner layer of the crown, and then use special porcelain material to condense on the metal surface through high temperature. With high hardness, it will damage natural teeth, and it is prone to chipping after long-term use, but it is beautiful and beautiful.
- All Ceramic Crown: There is no metal in the all-ceramic crown, and its appearance is almost the same as that of natural teeth. It is more beautiful and natural, and it will not cause discoloration of the gums. It will not affect the MRI examination, but the production process is complicated, and the cost is relatively high. High.
Ⅵ. Precautions before dental Implant
1. Routine inspection: Check the position of missing teeth, the size of the gap, the width of the alveolar bone, the condition of the alveolar ridge, and the condition of the mucosal tissue, and choose whether or not to plant and plant several implants according to its size, width, and height.
2. Radiological examination: mainly to understand the density and quantity of alveolar bone and the presence or absence of disease. Dental films can clearly understand the density of alveolar bone and partially understand the quantity of alveolar bone. As well as the periodontal tissue, dental tissue and root apex of the adjacent teeth.
3. Preoperative design of dental Implant: Before the operation, the first thing to do is to collect data such as photos and models, determine the type of restoration, the implant system, the number, position, direction, and length of the implants, and then make a template for implant surgery, so that The operation can be carried out accurately and smoothly.
4. Preoperative medication: some antibiotics should be given before dental implantation to make it better to inhibit bacteria.
Ⅶ. How should I maintain it after dental implantation
1. Pay attention to moderate exertion due to different factors such as bone quality and each person’s physical health. The hardness and toughness of foods that dental implants can chew are also different. Which foods cannot be chewed (such as bones, hard beans, jerky, etc.)?
2. Pay attention to cleaning your mouth. In addition to brushing your teeth once a day in the morning and evening and gargling after meals, you should also pay special attention to the hygiene of the implants. The crucial part of cleaning is the neck of the Implant and the surrounding gingival tissue. To brush your teeth, use a toothbrush with moderately soft and stiff bristles and rounded ends, and use toothpaste with soft, abrasive, warm water.
3. Regular follow-up visits. In the process of good daily care of dental Implant, it is necessary to ask a dental design doctor to conduct a regular review of your implants to check the possible loosening of the mechanical parts of the prosthesis, implant periodontitis, etc., and take appropriate treatment and treatment promptly.
4. Go to the hospital for regular inspections as prescribed by your doctor. If you feel unwell, you should go back for inspection immediately.